INTERVIEW WITH MAREK HARAŃCZYK, DANCE INSTRUCTOR
He runs dance classes in Złocieniec Culture Centre every Monday and Wednesday at 7 pm.
- How long have you been teaching to dance and what made you start this career?
- My female friends of your age, it was back in time of secondary school and later on as well. My female friends wanted to dance very much but I like all boys at that time didn’t want to do it. Finally they managed to encourage me to do it. And later I joined a choreography school where I met my wife who was already a choreographer. And since that time we have been a couple in private life and partners in artistic and concert life.
- What type of dance do you teach?
- What I teach here is ballroom dancing, but the purpose is not to prepare my students for a stage or public performing. We do it just to have more fun, move better and spend time nicely. The first classes were the chance to learn some folk dance.
- What do you think about people who are taking part in the course here and what’s your opinion on the cooperation with your students?
- The cooperation is professional, it’s fantastic that there are people who are adults, people more mature and young people together here. Everybody has a great time and learns. The fact that these people are willing to do is wonderful. Unfortunately, nowadays it is often difficult to find a partner to dance, and it is a pity as in Złocieniec there have always been big traditions.
- Thank you very much for letting us carrying an interview with you.
- Thank you too.